Saturday, February 11, 2012

Still enough time to figure out how to chase my blues away...

It was the night of April 24, 2010.  We are in Falmouth, Massachusetts.

And by we, I mean me, because I am at Maggie and Matt's wedding and David has chosen to go to Hawaii for someone else's wedding.  Someone not nearly as cool, Maggie and Matt would have me add.

I was feeling a little sad about David's absence: he is a great wedding date, and also, I like him.  All the speeches had been made, and people were wandering back to their tables, for that traditionally awkward time between food and outright ridiculous dance time.

And then I heard it.

I wanna dance with somebody

Someone else beat me to the floor, but Bre and I weren't far behind.

I wanna feel the heat with somebody


Shoes were off.

I wanna dance with somebody


Hips were shaking.

With somebody who loves me.


Somebody who?  I didn't know, didn't care.  David may have been in Hawaii but I was here, with all the friends I love, and this song is a call to dance.

So dance we did, and dance we shall.

To you, Whitney Houston.  To your voice, to your songs and to the legacy you left behind.



8/9/63 - 2/11/12

1 comment:

  1. "And by we, I mean me, because I am at Maggie and Matt's wedding and David has chosen to go to Hawaii for someone else's wedding."

    Ahem. I want to point out, by ME, you DO mean WE, as half your guest bloggers were also in attendance ;) And yes, definitely someone not as cool.

    I also want to thank Whitney for our 5th/6th? Grade music project, where we dissected I WilL Always Love You, and discovered it was written by Dolly Parton.

    Thanks WH :)

    ReplyDelete