Wednesday, January 25, 2012

STOP THE PRESSES HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS THEY MADE AN IRISH JERSEY SHORE

As you know, I'm from the Jersey Shore.



The real Shore, not the one made infamous by MTV, the spreaders of all things hateful, vile and untrue.

FALSE.  FALSE, FALSE, FALSE.

HOWEVER.

However, however, HOWEVER.

THEY MADE AN IRISH VERSION OMGGGGGG SQEUEEEEEEE


I hate to sound like a hypocrite being so excited for this when I get so peeved about MTV's Jersey Shore.  As a native Jerseyan, I've always had to combat the same exact stereotype that MTV chose to perpetuate on their stupid show by casting people from New York, and now has made worse.

Ryan: everyone assumes no one lives at the shore year round in NJ...because outside of monmouth county (and only parts of it) no one does! 
Katie: and it annoys me, because when I tell people I'm from the Shore, they get this completely false stereotype in their head
Ryan:  katie, NO ONE looks at you and thinks "oh her boyfriend's name must be anthony"

So I get it.  The Irish had enough going on with the whole leprechaun stereotype before this showed up, so my sincere condolences, oh people of Ireland. 

A note, however, before I exit for the day.  I never once, not in any time I visited Ireland and certainly not when I was living in Galway, saw any guys who looked like that.  Irish guys were all super skinny and weight lifting was just not a thing.  However, I have to admit that the ladies in this promo are not too much of a stretch from what I would see over there.  (Except for you, Rach, I love youuuuuu.)  Still, overall, where oh where did they get these people??


Final word: please, please let this go global.  I need to be able to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the youtube page and I must say, people are as upset with this as some (ahem katie) were about the Jersey Shore. That being said, I do look forward to the Real World/Road Rules challenge between Tallafornia and Jersey Shore...

    What do you mean that won't happen?
    SNOOOKKKKKIIIIIIIIIII!!!

    ReplyDelete