Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AC/DC/TC

Getting all political with this blog is the last thing I want.  However, I needed to share this bit of my Tuesday morning reading:






For any of you squinters, that says, "GSA data analyzed by Senator Coburn- "Back in Black" report.

SENATOR TOM COBURN WROTE A REPORT ON THE DEFICIT AND CALLED IT THE BACK IN BLACK REPORT!!!!1

Okay, I'll give everyone a moment to calm down.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aaaaand we're back.

Just so we're clear, this is AC/DC:

Different album, I know.

And this is Tom Coburn:

You just can't see the horns here.

This is the album in question, which, according to Wikipedia, has sold an estimated 49 million copies worldwide to date, making it the second highest-selling album of all time, as well as the best-selling hard rock or heavy metal album, AND the best-selling album ever released by a band:

And by black they mean multi-platinum, bitches.

And here is Senator Coburn's report, which I assume some people have read:

Someone's piggy-backing.


AC/DC has been nicknamed "The Thunder from Down Under," and been called "the second-most-powerful surge that can flow through your body."

Someone's hand is thisclose to hilarity.

While Senator Tom Coburn has been nicknamed "Dr. No."  Because of his voting tendencies.

No thunder down under for Dr. No.
(I'm also pretty sure that "Dr. No" was the name of some movie David made me watch.
UPDATE: I've been informed that Dr. No is the name of a James Bond movie.  Oops.  It should be noted, though, that Dr. No was not the hero of that particular film.)


This is AC/DC live and in concert:

                                     I picked that one because the caption said, "Warning: BOOBS!"


This is Dr. No live::

                                               Snap!  Now we know what his psych-up music is.







Other anticipated report from Senator Coburn's office:



He's a big Pink Floyd fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment